Evo-Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duality Online

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xzygon
Gamer
Gamer
Xzygon

Duality Online Empty
PostSubject: Duality Online   Duality Online EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Duality Online DualityOnline

Duality Online ClickforVid

Duality Online Updates-1
Updated the Development Topic! We're currently inputting all content from level 1 to level 50, and remapping everything. EVERYTHING, mind you. Vlad's almost done, and, although it's taken longer then expected, Beta IS inching its way forward.

Duality Online NewStoryPremise

Guys, how many of you hate static storylines in online games? How many of you don't feel accomplished when you kill a giant boss, because 50000 other people have killed that boss too? How many of you want updates on games that update more then glitches?

We do too. That's why we've come up with a new system for this game. We are going to have updates at scheduled times after the beta release. And guess what? We will be doing more then fixing glitches- Every single release will bring a new twist on the storyline. A fallen Angel terrorizing Deodent? An Ogre destroying a small forest village? Who knows! But what we do know is that there wont be a "Let's kill the main boss" scenario. Why? Because then he will die more then once! That doesn't make sense! Also, no enemy will be killed more then once without some explanation as to why. And bosses wont be single bosses, they will be more dynamic and creative, with a story behind them! No longer will you suffer through boring, repetitive quests, because story quests will actually involve STORY! Who would've thought? Monsters don't take little girls away from their homes for no reason, do they? It's stupid to think that an entire army can't kill a monster, but a single adventurer can, isn't it!? Of course! But it makes sense if a demon sent for the purpose of upsetting the angels is tormenting a town! Or a massive water dragon was created by a god to destroy a civilization he doesn't like, doesn't it?

So let's say we have a release. A monster is tormenting a town. Then two weeks later, we have an update, where a brave person lost his life to kill the monster, and now he has a grave in the town. See? The dynamic storyline will keep the game fresh!

"Wait, Zadorain! Wait, Xzygon! hasn't this idea already came out? You know, expansion packs?"

Yes and no. Most of the time, expansion packs add a NEW story to the game, not update the old one. The old story is still there, and you never want to go back to you're original town again, because there are no new scenarios. Everything is the same. Not to mention, how many games have you seen with more then 3, maybe 4, expansion packs? (Not including the Sims ) I don't think I've ever seen one with more then 4, ever. Duality Online, on the contrary, will have the storyline adapt every few weeks! Those aren't expansions, they're like new games entirely, only in the same setting!

Duality Online Story
Duality Online TypedStory-1
Duality Online World
Duality Online TypedWorld
Duality Online Classes
Duality Online TypedClasses
Duality Online Features
Spoiler:
Duality Online Screenshots

Spoiler:
Duality Online OpenBeta
[size="5"]It's coming! The quest system is being edited by Vlad. We're working on inputing quests (They're all written already), because what's a beta without a goal? Maps. ^_^ Anyways, once quests are done, the first VX MORPG will be in open beta! Get ready, it'll be big! [/size]

Please check out the website and forums and check it often. Report any bugs you may find and ask questions about the game there. Suggest anything you would like to see in the game.

Duality Online DVXStudiosLogo-1

Duality Online Credits
Head Developers-
Xzygon
Zadorain

Duality Online Staff-
1. Cali/iKuroHoshi
2. Wazte
3. Andinator
4. Dezz
5. Knot
6. XaXav
7. Mikee

Scripts-
Vampyr Coders
Vlad
KGC
Mr. Anonymous
BulletXt

Graphics-
Mack
Avadan
Amberdragon
Famitsu
Monkey
Popoyan
Yoshino

Special Thanks-
Vlad, for making this all possible
Teckner, for helping with Videos and creating Pineapple Inc.
Dr. Sin, for hosting the server.
And everyone who has supported us even through the skepticism. Thanks for the support!

~Zadorain, Head Developer of Duality Online
~Xzygon Creator and Head Developer of Duality Online

Duality Online Userbar
Duality Online Dvxuserbar
Code:
 [url=http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=28775][img]http://dualityvx.com/images/dvxuserbar.png[/img][/url]
Back to top Go down
BasilMeer
Admin
Admin
BasilMeer

Duality Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duality Online   Duality Online EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Truly beautiful bro. I wanna try it ASAP Wink I wish you good luck with this project and I will be supporting Duality Online. Only if this damn forummotion shows my signature.
Back to top Go down
https://evogamers.forummotion.com
Xzygon
Gamer
Gamer
Xzygon

Duality Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duality Online   Duality Online EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:05 pm

I present to you a few of DVX's first complete classes. I realize that it's pretty cliche', but you have to have the MMO classics to create the true MMO experience.

The Guardian

The Guardian shifts the tides of battle using heavy plate armor and the traditional sword and board fighting style. With immense defensive skills and abilities, the Guardian can hold strong against a dozen enemies. With the most health of all the classes and easily the best armor, the Guardian is the primary tanking choice for DVX.

The Necromancer

This darkened soul wears robes and uses simple weapons and staves. These weapons, however, hardly ever make contact. The Necromancer's primary weapon is the possession of weaker souls, used to do his bidding. The dark mage twists his foes in agony using curses and chants that seem to have no effect at first, but after time, the enemy soon dies of sickness, disease, plague, and of course, pure agony. With these fallen corpses, the Necromancer can raise his minions to fight along side him. In pvp the Necromancer plays an important role of wearing down the opposing forces with the continual battery of undead and the ticking clock which consumes his opponents from the inside out.

Also, we've decided that we don't want our healers to be clothie noobs who can only take two hits before they go down. We realize that healers aren't supposed to all be paladin either, so we've decided to go with a happy medium for our healers. No longer will we have our healer classes stacking their own death counts over their kill counts. I remember leveling countless healers in GW, WoW, and even EQ and EQII back in the day. They were the hardest and most painful classes to level because they did no damage and the only way to stay alive was to find a group. So we're fixing this issue. Our healers are badass. Period.

So far our healing classes are the Exemplar and War Priest.

The Exemplar dual wields the weapons of his choice and deals about as much damage as our tank classes. He carries in his bag of skills plenty of buffs. These buffs are party wide and most of them include some sort of healing over time benefits. Such as: Tainted Aura which heals every party member for a percentage every critical hit done by the party. More skills like this can heal the party for all damage done by the Exemplar in a given time, and others will protect the party from damage equal to the amount of damage the Exemplar does in a single critical strike. There are even more buffs that allow you to place a mark on your tank which can do things like spread damage amongst the rest of the party or just yourself, then can be healed easier by your party-wide healing. The entire point of this class is to do as much damage as you can, because that automatically makes you the best healer you can be. The more damage done, the longer your party survives.

The war priest wears heavy armor and carries a Magishield. These Magishields are used primarily for blocking incoming blows, but the difference is that they are made of magical holy essence and stack bonuses to healing to the War Priest. This class uses maces (Or staves in exchange for the shield) to deal a bit of damage. But their primary goal is to focus on healing. Though their heals are more strategy based, given they mainly focus on opportunity and single target heals, their heals are very potent. They have more healing abilities than any other class, and a lot of these abilities are HoT rather than single cast heals. The War Priest's biggest advantage is their defense. After a certain level, 50% of their defense attribute score will stack to their spirit which increases their healing drastically and gives them a huge incentive to distribute points in defense and to gather the best armor and equipment they can. The War Priest will be deadly in pvp. He won't be cut down in two blows and will have plenty of time to gather his bearings after an ambush by an assassin so he will be able to quickly heal and begin his offensive with holy damaging spells and plenty of AoEs.

That's all we've got for our healer classes right now.
I hope you're all getting excited and deciding what class you're going to be.

Give us some feedback on what you think of our classes so far. If we've made any mistakes in your eyes, don't hesitate to let us know. I'd hate to create a class that no one likes due to a minor flaw (Or a major one.)

I'll be posting more every now and then.
Back to top Go down
BasilMeer
Admin
Admin
BasilMeer

Duality Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duality Online   Duality Online EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:17 am

Hmm... these classes sound good man Very Happy As I do in most MMOs, I will be a Guardian in this one. And it was a nice idea of giving the Healing Classes some brute force. That way they won't be dead in a second like they die in most MMO. It sounds nice man and I am pretty sure that Vectomon is gonna be a Necromancer if he played DVX.
Back to top Go down
https://evogamers.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

Duality Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duality Online   Duality Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Duality Online
Page 1 of 1